This Programs are available for UGM Korean Language and Culture Undergraduate Students batch 2021
Global Korea Scholarship for International Exchange Students is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for a semester student exchange program, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
After rigorous evaluation process by National Institute for International Education (NIIED), NIIED, Soonchunhyang University has been once again selected as a designated university for this scholarship program.
1. Period: 2023 Fall Semester (August to December, for 4 months)
▪ Monthly Allowance: 500,000 KRW per month
▪ Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (paid only once upon arrival)
▪ Health Insurance: Korean National Health Insurance
▪ Round-trip Airfare (Reimbursement available within the set amount)
– Students must purchase their own flight ticket and bring the original receipt with them.
The reimbursement will be provided after arrival.
– Students will be able to get reimbursement only for their actual expenses up to the cap amount as below
|Country||Max. Roundtrip Airfare|
Note: The above maximum airfares are subject to change.
- UGM’s Korean language and cultural study program students (batch 2021)
- Must be full-time non-Korean nationality undergraduate students from partner universities of
Soonchunhyang University. Applicants who are currently residing in Korea or Korean dual
citizenship holders are not eligible.
- Possess above 80% (out of 100%) in a grade point average (G.P.A.) achieved at home
- Completed two semesters or more at home institution.
- Students are not allowed to apply more than one university in Korea.
- Those who have never received any scholarship from Korean government before.
- Applicants must take at least one Korean related course (2 credit) during the study period.
Submission of Required Documents
- One completed application form (Form provided)
- Study Plan written by the applicant in Korean or English (Form provided)
- Personal Statement written by the applicant in Korean or English (Form provided)
- Please type your Study Plan and Personal Statement in the provided form (handwriting is not
- Scanned applicant’s passport or birth certificate
- Scanned Official university transcript
- Scanned Certificate of Enrollment
Scholarship Conditions (*The details are subject to change.)
- Students’ tuition to Soonchunhyang University is waived under the student exchange agreement between the universities but students are still responsible for their dormitory fee (about 815,000 KRW for one semester) and other personal expenses. The dormitory fee is due in the second week of the semester.
- The scholarship period is one semester (4 months) and it cannot be extended in any circumstances.
- Monthly allowance will be calculated based on the number of days that students stay in Korea.
- A round-trip airfare reimbursement will be provided only in case students return to their home country within 30 days of the end date of the semester. The airfare reimbursement only covers the itinerary between students’ home country and Korea for study purposes. It does not cover any type of personal stop over during the journey.
- Scholarship recipients must take at least one regular course (2 credits) on Korean language or culture during his/her study in Korea.
- Scholarship recipients are required to write two page-long essays on their study in Korea at the end of the semester.
- If scholarship recipients commit any of the following acts or fall under any of the situations
described below during their stay in Korea, their scholarship will be revoked.
- -Falsifying statements on any of their application documents;
- Leaving Korea or not attending classes for more than one month without legitimate
- Punishment by their respective institutions, or involvement in any form of political
Required Documents Submission Due date: Friday 19, 2023
All documents must be written in Korean or English, and if the document is in the original language, it must be translated into Korean or English.